Contact Us
Armonk Daily Voice serves Armonk, NY
Return to your home site

Menu

Armonk Daily Voice serves Armonk, NY

Nearby Towns

police & fire

Fire At Popular Club Owned By Hall & Oates Musician Ruled 'Not Suspicious'

A fire at Daryl's House Club damaged parts of the front wall and the Daryl's House Club sign. Photo Credit: Skip Pearlman
The sign outside Daryl's House Club at 130 Route 22 in Pawling -- which authorities on Tuesday said was the source of an electrical fire that caused exterior damage early Monday morning. Photo Credit: Skip Pearlman
A fire at Daryl's House in Pawling damaged parts of the front of the restaurant, which expects to reopen soon.
A fire at Daryl's House in Pawling damaged parts of the front of the restaurant, which expects to reopen soon. Video Credit: Skip Pearlman
A fire at Daryl's House Club damaged parts of the front wall and the Daryl's House Club sign. Photo Credit: Skip Pearlman
A fire at Daryl's House Club damaged parts of the front wall and the Daryl's House Club sign. Photo Credit: Skip Pearlman
A fire at Daryl's House Club damaged parts of the front wall and the Daryl's House Club sign. Photo Credit: Skip Pearlman

PAWLING, N.Y. -- Monday's fire at Daryl's House Club in Dutchess County has been ruled electrical in origin and "not suspicious," according to Pawling Fire Chief Everett White.

White told Daily Voice on Tuesday that the fire originated in a lighted sign in front of the popular club. White said some holiday lights including a string of LED lights connected to the peak of the club's roof could have shorted out, setting off a fire.

Daryl Hall of Hall & Oates is part owner of the establishment. The 69-year-old Hall, regarded as one of the best soul singers of his generation, has hosted the television series, "Live From Daryl's House" since late 2007.

Most of the damage was to the building's exterior and roof, although there is some water damage inside, White said.

The club located at 130 Route 22 in Pawling was unoccupied when the fire broke out early Monday morning, White said. No one was hurt battling the blaze, he said. Video of the fire scene can be viewed by clicking here.

Multiple fire departments -- including from Pawling and Patterson -- responded to reports of a fire in the front of the building shortly after 4 a.m. Monday.

The two-alarm blaze was contained within 20 minutes.

For more on the fire, click here to read the wpdh story.

For more on Daryl's House, check this Daily Voice report.

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.

Welcome to

Armonk Daily Voice!

Get the news you need to know on the go.

Welcome to

Armonk Daily Voice!

Hi! You've read our articles so we know you like our reporting. To keep reading please join our mailing list.

Get important news about your town as it happens.