NORTHERN WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The following is a round-up of the top stories of the week for northern Westchester County.
- Indy, the 8-year-old North Salem wallaby that has been missing for almost three years, was recently spotted in Yorktown, according to the owner of the animal native to Australia labeled as smaller cousins to kangaroos.
- Students at two schools in Ridgefield were told to "shelter in place" Wednesday as police searched nearby for a suspect wanted after a dispute in Bedford, Ridgefield, Conn., police said.
- In an effort to be prepared in the event of an "active shooter," situation at a school, the Lewisboro Volunteer Ambulance Corps recently hosted an advanced training day at the shuttered Lewisboro Elementary School for a number of law enforcement and EMS volunteer agencies.
- A North Salem man is facing felony charges after a domestic dispute turned ugly when he violated an order of protection his victim had against him, state police said.
- Friends of Karen, a North Salem-based nonprofit organization that supports critically ill children and their families, has named Laura Salerno and Sara Colodner as the new members of its Board of Directors.
- Mount Pleasant mom Dana Gentile, like any parent struggling with the devastating news that their child is seriously ill, knows that modern medicine can only do so much.
- A Southeast man is facing charges after he rammed into another driver on I-84 and fled the scene, state police said.
- A pair of attempted home burglaries in Yorktown had the area on high alert on Thursday morning, prompting precautionary lockouts at several Lakeland Central School District schools as police launched a manhunt seeking their suspect.
- A scary scene unfolded in Yorktown on Tuesday, when a man allegedly threatened several victims with a knife, police said.
- Dozens of students from Horace Greeley High School have rallied around a guidance counselor they believe may be forced from the Chappaqua school district after being denied tenure.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.