Heavy downpours and gusty winds Wednesday night that knocked out power around and took down trees and power lines around the area will continue Thursday afternoon as another low pressure system moves through the region with gusts up to 35 miles per hour, according to the National Weather Service.
Along with the winds, it will remain mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and temperatures falling into the mid-to-upper 40s during the afternoon. Lows Thursday night will range in the upper 20s to lower 30. The weekend will give way to mostly sunny skies with highs in the 30s and 40s, said the National Weather Service.
- Thursday afternoon: A chance of light rain and showers. Mostly cloudy, with a temperature falling to around 48 degrees by 5 p.m. Southwest winds 11 to 13 mph, with gusts. Chance of precipitation is 50 percent.
- Thursday night: A slight chance of showers before 9 p.m. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. West wind around 11 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20 percent.
- Friday: Sunny, with a steady temperature around 32 degrees. Wind chill values between 20 and 25 degrees. Northwest wind 10 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph.
- Friday night: Mostly clear, with a low around 17 degrees. Northwest wind 6 to 11 mph.
- Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 38 degrees. Southwest wind 3 to 8 mph.
- Saturday nigh t: Partly cloudy, with a steady temperature around 32-34 degrees.
- Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 50 degrees.
- Sunday night : Partly cloudy, with a low around 35-37 degrees.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.