WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Mariano Rivera could be pitching once again for the Yankees.
Not the recently retired legendary reliever and Purchase resident, but his son.
The Yankees drafted Mariano Rivera Jr., a right-handed pitcher for Iona College, in the 29th round (872nd pick) of the 2014 draft Saturday.
The 5-foot-11, 155-pound Rivera was 2-6 with a 5.40 ERA for the Gaels this spring, his sophomore season.
- 1 Armonk Home Of Former Knick Allan Houston Hits Market For $19.9M
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash
- 4 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Armonk
- 5 22-Year-Old Drowning Victim ID'd; Schools Superintendent's Stepson