ARMONK, N.Y. -- The athletic field complex at Byram Hills High School was alive with activity Monday, Aug. 18, when fall sports teams began the first official day of practices with the start of the school year just two weeks away.
Bobcats football players separated into practice squads working on rushing and passing drills on a side field while the girls soccer team took over the main field to work on drills.
Football coach Scott Saunders put his players through their paces, stressing the playbook, signals and sets as the 'Cats, who were 5-3 last season, prepared for their opening game against Nyack High School on Friday, Sept. 5, at 7:30 p.m.
The girls soccer team, coached by Bryan Horn, begins its regular season by hosting Ardsley on Friday, Sept. 5 at 4:30 p.m.
Girls tennis, volleyball, field hockey, cross-country and girls swimming teams also begin practices this week.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 Ex-North Castle Police Chief Sues Administrator, Claims Retaliation
- 3 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Armonk On Wednesday
- 4 Armonk Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 5 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In Armonk