ARMONK, N.Y. – Byram Hills High School boys’ basketball player Jeff Lynch is The Armonk Daily Voice Student-Athlete of the Month for December.
Lynch, a senior guard, has helped lead the Bobcats to a 6-0 record to start the season. Byram Hills earned two quality wins, one against Fox Lane and the other in a come-from-behind thriller against Blind Brook.
Lynch dealt with a nagging ankle and foot injury for much of last season and missed significant playing time because of it. Still, the Bobcats reached the Section 1 Class A semifinals, where they lost to Tappan Zee.
He has had two surgeries on his ankle since that loss, the latter of which occurred in October. The senior recovered in time to practice before the start of the season.
So far this year, Lynch and the rest of roster are nearly at full strength. With a healthy Lynch, the Bobcats could be a tough team to beat as the season progresses.
- 1 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 Missing Vulnerable Alert Issued For Woman, 85, Canceled
- 4 Armonk Home Of Former Knick Allan Houston Hits Market For $19.9M
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director