SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. – Several hundred budding Westchester scientists will spend this weekend showcasing their research to professionals and the community.
More than 350 students from 30 schools in Westchester and Putnam counties will present their scientific accomplishments to professional researchers at Sleepy Hollow High School on Saturday as part of the Westchester Science and Engineering Fair. The fair is the regional version of the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair.
Students have researched topics for several years, working with the help of a professional researcher in their field of interest. Saturday's finalists will compete in the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair against students from the U.S. and more than 40 countries worldwide.
The fair is sponsored by several scientific corporations, including Regeneron, Entergy, Acorda and Zeiss.
Students will present from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., with an award ceremony from 7 to 9 p.m. A public viewing session takes place from 3 to 4:30 p.m.
- 1 McDonald's Is Closing Hundreds Of Restaurants As Sales Slump
- 2 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 3 Man Stopped On I-684 Charged With Driving Wrong Way, DWI
- 4 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 5 Funeral Services Held For 20-Year-Old College Student From Westchester