ARMONK, N.Y. – Twelve Byram Hills High School seniors have their work on display this week at the Katonah Museum of Art as part of the museum’s 30th annual “Young Artists” exhibition, which exclusively features local high school senior artists.
The show, which runs until Feb. 10, gives aspiring artists an opportunity to participate in all aspects of a typical museum exhibition. For most artists involved, it is the first time their work will leave the halls of a school building.
With more than 300 works of art on display, the show encompasses 35 schools in Westchester, Putnam, Rockland, and Fairfield (Conn.) counties.
The following Byram Hill seniors from advanced placement photography, studio art and graphic design classes will have their work on display:
- Samantha Errico, digital photo
- Samantha Wald, black and white photo
- Niki Capriglione, digital art
- John Murray, digital media
- Anne Silverman, watercolor and vine charcoal
- Kendall O’Brien, digital photo
- Melissa McKee, acrylic painting
- Sabrina Khan, acrylic on wood
- Gabrielle Levin, acrylic painting
- Kianna Caesar, digital photo
- Sarah Ames, digital photo
- Monica Costantino, acrylic painting