ARMONK, N.Y. – North Castle dog owners can start to get excited – just not too excited.
In a work session last week, the North Castle Town Board discussed what has to be done to build a dog park at Wampus Brook Park. It seems as though the town has its work cut out – literally.
“The first thing that needs to happen is having the property cleared out,” said Town Supervisor Howard Arden. “That is the first step, without a doubt.”
Wampus Brook Park is currently covered in fallen tree debris and tree stumps. The town hopes to clear and remove such items as soon as possible. However, it is unclear what would need to be done after the removal.
While Town Board member Diane DiDonato-Roth was eager to target April as an opening date for the dog park, Arden was uneasy in designating any target yet.
“Right now, it’s hard to envision a dog park being there,” he said. “Until the property is cleared, we don’t know what we have to do in there to get it ready. April sounds ambitious to me.”
Arden mentioned that DiDonto-Roth has one donor for the dog park lined up and could have more on the way. He said such an addition to the community is something North Castle residents are ready – and excited – for. He hopes the project is completed by the summer.
“I think people would love it,” he said. “Everyone has a dog around here.”
- 1 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Is Reported Off Long Island
- 4 Armonk Player Helps Soccer Team Reach Quarters Of National Tourney
- 5 Three Hospitalized After Serious I-87 Crash Involving Tractor-Trailer, Car