WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Westchester County Democrats have voiced their support to raise the legal age to purchase cigarettes and other tobacco products to 19, according to LoHud.com.
Westchester legislators chose 19 in an effort to keep cigarettes out of high schools and to garner maximum support for the proposal. New York City and Suffolk county recently enacted laws that raised the legal age to purchase tobacco to 21, LoHud.com reported.
- 1 X-Planations: Chef Peter X. Kelly Dishes On Favorite Restaurants
- 2 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 3 McDonald's Is Closing Hundreds Of Restaurants As Sales Slump
- 4 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 5 New Verizon Plan Will Allow Cable Customers To Pick, Choose Channels