WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Westchester County Democrats have voiced their support to raise the legal age to purchase cigarettes and other tobacco products to 19, according to LoHud.com.
Westchester legislators chose 19 in an effort to keep cigarettes out of high schools and to garner maximum support for the proposal. New York City and Suffolk county recently enacted laws that raised the legal age to purchase tobacco to 21, LoHud.com reported.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Purchase New Bedford Home
- 2 Armonk's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So Armonk Must Prepare
- 5 North Castle Takes Action Against 'Zombie' Homes