WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Westchester County Democrats have voiced their support to raise the legal age to purchase cigarettes and other tobacco products to 19, according to LoHud.com.
Westchester legislators chose 19 in an effort to keep cigarettes out of high schools and to garner maximum support for the proposal. New York City and Suffolk county recently enacted laws that raised the legal age to purchase tobacco to 21, LoHud.com reported.
- 1 Armonk Family's Home To Be Featured On 'Property Brothers' TV Show
- 2 Two Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 3 New York Ranks As Worst State To Be Rich
- 4 North Castle Town Board OK's Takeover Of ALE Pool's Operations
- 5 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items