ARMONK, N.Y. – In Sept. 2012, Armonk resident Justin Hervey was left in critical condition after being severely burned in a car fire in Fairfield, Conn.
Hervey, who was hospitalized at Bridgeport Hospital, was in his SUV on Sept. 6 in the parking lot of Tunxis Hill Park when police say his Tahoe caught fire.
Witnesses told police that Hervey got out of his car fully engulfed in flames and headed toward a Little League practice, which was taking place nearby. People from the field came to his aid and managed to extinguish the flames.
He was the only person in the car.
Hervey is a part-time student at Fairfield University and a Byram Hills High School graduate. The university released a statement, at the time, extending its support to Hervey’s family and offered counseling and assistance to his peers.
- 1 Aunt's Daughter Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Armonk
- 3 Ex-North Castle Police Chief's Lawsuit Moved To Federal Court
- 4 Outgoing North Castle Councilman José Berra Bids Farewell
- 5 Chef At Armonk's Moderne Barn Shares His Potato Latke Recipe