ARMONK, N.Y. – In Sept. 2012, Armonk resident Justin Hervey was left in critical condition after being severely burned in a car fire in Fairfield, Conn.
Hervey, who was hospitalized at Bridgeport Hospital, was in his SUV on Sept. 6 in the parking lot of Tunxis Hill Park when police say his Tahoe caught fire.
Witnesses told police that Hervey got out of his car fully engulfed in flames and headed toward a Little League practice, which was taking place nearby. People from the field came to his aid and managed to extinguish the flames.
He was the only person in the car.
Hervey is a part-time student at Fairfield University and a Byram Hills High School graduate. The university released a statement, at the time, extending its support to Hervey’s family and offered counseling and assistance to his peers.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Armonk Skies Sunday
- 2 North Castle Ward Vote Scheduled For Nov. 13 After County Board's Rejection
- 3 Greenwich Company Heads To Armonk With Paleo Passion Pops
- 4 Astorino, Jindal Team Up To Call For Ebola Airport Restrictions
- 5 Armonk Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday