NORTH CASTLE, N.Y. – North Castle police officers were able to talk a suicidal North White Plains man out of killing himself on Sept. 27. Police say they responded to calls from multiple drivers around 1 p.m. who said they passed the man on North Broadway as he was standing in the grass median in between North Broadway and Mount Kisco Road with a large knife to his neck. After arriving on the scene, the man told North Castle Police that he had been suffering from depression and was having thoughts of hurting himself. Police were able to get the man to drop the knife and he was transported by Valhalla Ambulance to the Westchester Medical Center’s Behavioral Health Unit without incident.
In other police news…
- A North White Plains man reported to North Castle Police on Sept. 27 that two guns of his were missing after he recently moved from a residence in Mamaroneck. Police say that the man told hired movers to place a lockbox containing the guns in his car and not the moving truck and realized that the box was missing after arriving at his new residence on Smallwood Place and unloading the boxes. In the lockbox was a Charter Arms .38 Special revolver and a Glock 19 9mm handgun. The incident is under investigation.
- On Sept. 27, an Armonk woman reported to North Castle Police that her wedding ring valued at $2,000 was missing. Police said the woman reported that she placed the ring in her jacket pocket and hung the jacket up at Serenity Spa in Armonk before getting a manicure. After the manicure, the woman says that the ring was missing from her pocket. The incident is under investigation.
- 1 Town Board OK's Filming In Armonk Of TV Pilot Starring Sarah Jessica Parker
- 2 Byram Hills Ranks Among New York State's Best High Schools
- 3 Greenwich Bank Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Female Suspect
- 4 Snow Likely Overnight Thursday In Armonk
- 5 Meteorologists Explain What Went Wrong With Erroneous Forecast