ARMONK, N.Y. – North Castle Fire District No. 2 is scheduled to hold its annual election Tuesday evening at the Armonk firehouse, 400 Bedford Road.
The election will fill one seat on the district's Board of Fire Commissioners for a five-year term beginning Jan. 1 and ending Dec. 31, 2017. Mitchell Sime, the fire district secretary, said that the only person on the ballot is the incumbent, Michael Giaccio.
Giaccio has served one term on the board, for five years.
Sime said that with only one candidate running uncontested, voter turnout is expected to be low. "Generally, when there's only one person on the ballot, it's a minimum vote," Sime said.
The Board of Fire Commissioners is responsible for creating and adopting the district's annual budget. Figures for the district's 2013 proposed budget were not immediately available.
The election will be held at the Armonk Independent Fire Company firehouse, 400 Bedford Road, Armonk, from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Residents of Fire District No. 2 who registered to vote with the Westchester County Board of Elections on or before Nov. 19 are entitled to vote.
A written request to appear on the ballot should have been submitted to the fire district 25 days prior to Tuesday's election, Sime said. Votes other than those for Giaccio must be write-in votes.
- 1 Town Board OK's Filming In Armonk Of TV Pilot Starring Sarah Jessica Parker
- 2 Byram Hills Ranks Among New York State's Best High Schools
- 3 Greenwich Bank Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Female Suspect
- 4 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Armonk; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely
- 5 Police Release More Photos Of Gun-Toting Woman Who Robbed Greenwich Bank