NORTH CASTLE, N.Y. – A hit-and-run accident in the parking lot of Stop & Shop tops a recent North Castle Police Department blotter.
About 5:15 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 7, a woman reported her vehicle was struck by another vehicle in the parking lot of the 670 N. Broadway supermarket, police said.
The woman said that the other driver was a man drinking from a Bud Light beer can, and he drove away, according to police.
North Castle police also recently handled the following calls:
- About 7:40 a.m. on Friday, Feb. 6, a caller reported a possible sick raccoon in the 500 block of Main Street.
- About 11:15 a.m. on Friday, Feb. 6, an IBM security employee called 911 requesting an ambulance for a woman who was struck in the head by a gate at the Old Post Road business. The woman was transported to Northern Westchester Hospital for treatment.
- About 2:55 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 6, someone requested an ambulance for a man inside the Stop & Shop on North Broadway. The caller said the man was intoxicated and vomiting.
- About 5:45 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 6, a woman reported that she was locked out of her Intervale Avenue residence. A locksmith was contacted.
- About 1:15 a.m. on Sunday, Feb. 8, a man reported that he parked a U-Haul truck and dolly in the driveway of his Evergreen Row residence. The man needed assistance as the vehicle was stuck on icy pavement in the driveway.
- About 6:05 p.m. on Monday, Feb. 9, a Bryam Ridge Road resident reported finding a mixed breed dog outside of her home. Police located the dog’s owner, who said she would come retrieve her pet.
- About 7:25 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 10, an employee of a business in the 300 block of Main Street reported two suspicious males hanging out in front of the store.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.