Contact Us
Armonk Daily Voice serves Armonk, NY
Return to your home site

Menu

Armonk Daily Voice serves Armonk, NY

Nearby Towns

police & fire

Heating Malfunction Causes Fire On Roof Of Armonk Home

Firefighters at 32 Nichols Road in Armonk
Firefighters at 32 Nichols Road in Armonk Photo Credit: Michael Nocella
Firefighters at 32 Nichols Road in Armonk
Firefighters at 32 Nichols Road in Armonk Photo Credit: Michael Nocella

ARMONK, N.Y. -- A malfunction in a heating system caused the roof of a home located at 32 Nicholas Road in Armonk to catch fire Tuesday afternoon, according to Armonk First Assistant Chief Paul Burns.

"It was a back-fire that cause the roof to catch fire, but luckily we got to it before it spread anywhere else in the residence," said Burns. "We put it down pretty quick."

Burns said there were no injuries and everyone living in the house evacuated without any problems.

Fire departments from Armonk, Banksville, North White Plains and Mount Kisco were on scene.

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.

Welcome to

Armonk Daily Voice!

This is a one time message inviting you to keep in touch

Get important news about your town as it happens.