WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. - Fresh on the heels of a terrorist incident in England, Westchester County Executive spoke about the importance of law enforcement and counter-terrorism training at the annual Westchester County Police Academy graduation.
On Friday, 45 recruits graduated from the Westchester County Police Academy, and will now be deployed at 22 different law enforcement agencies in the area. The graduates all received their diplomas during a ceremony at Purchase College.
Astorino praised the graduates of the 143rd Session Basic Police Recruit Class, speaking about the “significant counter-terrorism training (they) received,” while citing the recent suicide bombing in Manchester.
“As we come together today to celebrate the success of these new officers, we are also mindful of the horrific events that occurred just days ago in England,” he said. “The Manchester terror attack is a sobering reminder of the threats we face in a free and open society. It also reminds us that the counter-terrorism training we provide is so vitally important – and that it must continually evolve and grow.”
The following graduates have been sent to police the following jurisdictions in Westchester:
- Bedford : Christopher Colello;
- Dobbs Ferry : Robert Marron, and Justin Muscarella;
- Eastchester : Kyle Park;
- Elmsford : Andrew O’Mara;
- Greenburgh : Anthony Marzella, John Pilla III and Kristin Stein;
- Mount Vernon : Joel Adao and Brian Burrell;
- New Rochelle : Ricardo Almeida, Christian Bautista, Steven Conn, Victoria Ferraro, Oisin McGloin, Richard Rolo and Anthony Scarnati;
- Mount Pleasant : Ryan Connick and Conor Elliott;
- Ossining : Antonio DaCruz;
- Pelham Manor : Thomas Murphy, Nicholas Schwartz, Robert Vogel and Justin Wilder;
- SUNY Purchase : John Broughal, Danny David, Omar Oviedo and Amanda Rothenbucher;
- Scarsdale : Victoria Wanderman;
- White Plains : Jose Betancourt, Todd Horgan, Edward Murphy, Lisa O’Shea, Juan Santa and Desmond Smith;
- Yonkers : David Gaffney;
- Yorktown : John Battista;
- Westchester District Attorney’s Office: James Ossipov.
Other graduates were assigned to:
- Garden City : Sean Carrera;
- Port Washington : Jaime Arias and Brandon Wilson;
- Sands Point : James Nolan;
- SUNY New Paltz : Derek Grant;
- SUNY College of Optometry : Johnny Guillaume;
- Rockville Centre : Sean Freely.