Thirteen area residents were among 17 motorists charged with DWI during a three-day state police detail to combat intoxicated and impaired drivers throughout Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess and Columbia counties Friday through Monday.
"Intoxicated and impaired drivers put others at risk," state police said in a statement announcing the charges. "It is a priority of the State Police to keep offenders off of our roadways so law-abiding citizens can safely travel throughout our four county patrol area."
Here's a rundown of the local residents who were among the 17 charged with driving while intoxicated.
- Patricia A. Lytwynec of Poughkeepsie, 54, who was stopped on Route 44 in Pleasant Valley and charged with felony DWI due to a previous DWI related conviction from 2007.
- Ricardo A. Guerra-Abzun of Southeast, 31, after a traffic stop conducted on Starr Ridge Road.
- Shamek N. Brown of Danbury, Conn., 45, who was stopped on I-84 in East Fishkill and charged with felony DWI due to a previous DWI related conviction from 2011.
- Trevor D. Cottrell of Wingdale, 36, after an erratic vehicle complaint in Patterson broadcasted by Putnam County 911
- Franco C. Florenzino of Brewster, 38, after a vehicle and traffic violation. on Danbury Road.
- Manuel D. Moya-Fernandez of Mahopac, 60, after a speeding stop on the Sprain Brook Parkway in Mount Pleasant.
- Hassan Barrow of Cortlandt, 29, after a speeding stop on the Sprain Brook Parkway in Hawthorne.
- Elvis Cutra of Yorktown Heights, 35, after a speeding stop on the Sprain Brook Parkway in Mount Pleasant.
- Stephan J. Pawlowski of Waccabuc, 32, after a crash investigation on Route 138 in Lewisboro.
- Raul Michaca-Chavez of Yonkers, 29, after a speeding stop on I-684 in Bedford.
- Ruben Agosto of Peekskill, 37, after failing to maintain his lane in Cortlandt.
- Matthew Towers of Ridgefield, Conn., 48, after he wa stopped on Route 121 in Southeast for failing to dim his headlights to approaching traffic.
- Erika W. Taylor of New Fairfield, Conn., 32, was also charged with unlawful possession of marijuana in addition to the DWI charge after police say she approached a trooper stopped on I-684 in Lewisboro and reported that her Subaru Legacy had been sideswiped by an unknown white vehicle.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.