SOMERS, N.Y. -- Richard Merrill Mills of Somers passed away on on Wednesday, April 23. He was 86.
Mills was born in Greenwich on March 19, 1928 to Harry T. and Edith I. (Miles) Mills. After graduating from Greenwich High School, Mills served in the 2nd Armored Division of the Army and was stationed in Germany.
Along with his wife Ragnhild, Mills owned and operated their own landscaping business providing horticultural services for clients in Fairfield and Westchester counties.
In addition to his wife, Mills is survived by his sister Gertrude Mills of Greenwich, nieces Gail Latosz of Greenwich, Carolyn Raggi and Barbara Duerr and nephew Gary Pishkur of Greenwich, many grandnieces, grandnephews, great grandnieces and great grandnephews.
Viewing hours and the Funeral Service will be held at on Tuesday, April 29 at 10 a.m. at the Leo P. Gallagher & Son Funeral Home at 31 Arch St. in Greenwich.
- 1 Armonk Shopping Center Undergoing Improvements
- 2 Threatening Voice Mail From Son Tops North Castle Police Blotter
- 3 Hillary Clinton Gets Health OK From Mount Kisco Medical Group Physician
- 4 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 5 Billionaire Mount Kisco Businessman, Philanthropist Jerome Kohlberg Dies