WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Patricia MacLea Coombs, who was 78 years old and an Armonk resident, died on Monday, June 30, 2014.
She was born April 16,1936, in Bronxville, the daughter of Robert Kenneth MacLea and Jane Emerson MacLea. She was a graduate of Rye High School and Berkley Secretarial School.
On July 4, 1957, she married George C. Coombs in White Plains.
Coombs was an accomplished artist, loved gardening and had a gift for flower arranging. She was passionate in her role as a classroom aide for many years at H.C. Crittenden Middle School in Armonk.
She is survived by her husband, George; her children Kenneth Coombs and his wife, Karen, of Purchase, Donna Hastings and her husband, John, of LaGrange, N.Y., Stephen Coombs and his wife, Sally, of Perth, Australia and Peter Coombs, and his wife, Marlene, of Danbury, Conn., as well as six grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
She is also survived by a sister, Donna Hamilton and her husband, Dean, of Phoenix, Ariz. and a brother, Robert Kenneth MacLea III and his wife, Darlene, of San Diego. She was predeceased by a sister, Barbara Sexton.
- 1 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 NBC To Donald Trump: 'You're Fired!'
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Fugitives Planned To Flee To Mexico, Split Five Days Before Manhunt Ended