NORTHERN WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A popular Netflix television show that depicts a teenager’s suicide has prompted school officials in Bedford to issue a safety message to parents. Click here to read the story.
Here are some other top stories from this past week (click on the link to read the story):
- A registered sex offender has been remanded to Westchester County Jail after being arrested for allegedly having sexual contact with a teenage boy in Cortlandt, state police said.
- The rear of a Mount Kisco home sustained serious damage on Wednesday after a car fire spread to the property and quickly ignited.
- An Irvington native and West Haverstraw resident who was seriously injured during a fatal Black Hawk helicopter crash on Monday, April 17, in Maryland, has been upgraded from critical to fair and stable condition, according to U.S. Army officials.
- A search has resumed Thursday morning for a woman who jumped from the Bear Moutain Bridge around 4:30 p.m. Wednesday.
- State Sen. Terrance Murphy might have the answer to stop drivers from texting and snapping photos while driving, causing hundreds of deaths each year, including that of Evan Lieberman, a New Castle teen who lost his life due to a distracted driving accident in Westchester County.
- The Chappaqua Central School District will appoint Christine Ackerman as its next superintendent pending a site visit.
- Thirteen high schools in Westchester earned Top 50 rankings in New York State in the newly released 2017 U.S. News & World Report High School Rankings.
- A Carmel woman was stopped by police in Bedford for repeatedly driving back and forth in front of President Donald Trump’s $19-million, 30-acre Seven Springs estate on Oregon Road.
- A teacher in the Somers Central School District was killed in a motorcycle crash near Jones Beach on Long Island.
- The Mount Pleasant Central School District employed its lockout procedure on Wednesday morning as police investigate reports of an armed robbery at a Verizon store in Thornwood.
- Nicholas Tartaglione, the former Briarcliff Manor police officer turned alleged drug conspirator made a brief appearance in court in White Plains on Wednesday, where he stands charged with quadruple homicide.
- For forty years, Mount Kisco Seafood has been serving up the catch of the day.