WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here's a look at last week's top stories from around Northern Westchester County.
- In a rare speech using teleprompters, Bedford estate owner Donald Trump, the presumptive Republican nominee for president, celebrated his last round of primary victories Tuesday, vowing to bring jobs back home at a press conference at Trump National Golf Club in Briarcliff Manor.
- A second bear sighting has been reported near the Bedford-Mount Kisco border.
- A 60-year-old Armonk resident was arraigned Monday on two felonies for allegedly stealing more than $280,000 from the City of Yonkers for bus services to the Nepperan Community Center that were never provided for almost two years.
- A Yorktown Heights man was arrested and charged for allegedly flooding the Taconic State Parkway.
- The New York State Police Community Narcotics Enforcement Team and other Hudson Valley law enforcement agencies announced the arrests Wednesday of 15 people charged for their alleged role in a drug-trafficking operation.
- "Orange is the New Black" actor Michael Chernus, who's appeared in numerous TV shows, theater productions and films, divides his time between Brooklyn and Brewster where his wife, Emily, runs SPACE on Ryder Farm, an artist residency and retreat program housed on the grounds of Ryder Farm.
- Just two days after New Castle police issued an advisory about two attacks by coyotes on dogs, including an incident in town in which a dog was killed and a pack of coyotes was spotted on Winthrop Road.
- A subcontractor for the Sandy Restoration Project lacerated his torso after an accident with a saw at the Philipse Manor Train Station Thursday afternoon, according to Nancy Gamerman of the MTA.
- President Barack Obama has endorsed his former secretary of state Hillary Clinton in the 2016 presidential race in a three-minute video released early Thursday afternoon.
- A pedestrian was struck by a car Thursday on Madison Avenue in Pleasantville.
- Yorktown police have arrested a 77-year-old resident of Peekskill on a larceny charge following an incident at BJ’s Wholesale Club.
- Ossining High School senior Cen Chen received an Acorda Scientific Excellence Award for her research on an alternative method for measuring activity in distant galaxies.
- Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino called Tech Sgt. Joseph G. Lemm, the fallen military veteran from West Harrison, "the greatest of our generation'' during a memorial ceremony Tuesday at Kensico Dam Plaza.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.