ARMONK, N.Y. – As 2012 draws to an end,The Armonk Daily Voice is looking back at some of the top stories of the year.
In October 2012, North Castle Planning Board Chairman Robert Greene unexpectedly resigned after serving in the position for about seven months.
Greene said he his decision to resign was a precautionary matter, alleviating the potential for conflict of interest with Brynwood Country Club’s application to build a residential community. A longtime resident of the Windmill Farm area in Armonk, Greene did not want to be the reason for that lawsuit.
In late September 2012, the North Castle Town Board voted 3-2 to approve the environmental review process. Instead of recusing himself from the approval process, Greene opted to step down completely to avoid conflict of interest, even though he said he did not believe there was any.
The North Castle Town Board has since appointed Art Adelman as the new chairman of the planning board and recently added Christopher Carthy as a member to fill Adelman’s previous responsibilities.
- 1 Armonk's Heavenly Productions Delivers School Supplies
- 2 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 3 North Castle Town Board Rezones Armonk Parcel
- 4 Police Locate Threats Against Westchester, LI Schools Made On Yik Yak App
- 5 Westchester Publisher Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud