ARMONK, N.Y. – As 2012 draws to an end,The Armonk Daily Voice is looking back at some of the top stories of the year.
In late August 2012, the town of North Castle appointed former Yorktown comptroller Joan Goldberg to its new position of town administrator. Her responsibilities are similar to a chief operating officer at a private business, with the Town Board acting as a board of directors.
Goldberg earns $135,000 a year in the full-time position and is contractually bound until September 2014.
The hiring of Goldberg was met with support from residents.
“Anytime you go to a specialist, like an ear doctor or an eye doctor, you always get the right person for the job,” Armonk resident Sam Morell said.
Goldberg has officially been working the new position since Sept. 17.
- 1 It's A Girl: Chappaqua's Clintons Are Grandparents As Chelsea Gives Birth
- 2 Cop Treats Heroin Overdose Victim With Antidote In New Castle
- 3 Car Fire Results In I-684 Closure Near Armonk-White Plains Border
- 4 Best Gas Prices In The Armonk Area
- 5 Mysterious UFO Still Vexes Westchester Police Officer