ARMONK, N.Y. – As 2012 draws to an end,The Armonk Daily Voice is looking back at some of the top stories of the year.
In late August 2012, the town of North Castle appointed former Yorktown comptroller Joan Goldberg to its new position of town administrator. Her responsibilities are similar to a chief operating officer at a private business, with the Town Board acting as a board of directors.
Goldberg earns $135,000 a year in the full-time position and is contractually bound until September 2014.
The hiring of Goldberg was met with support from residents.
“Anytime you go to a specialist, like an ear doctor or an eye doctor, you always get the right person for the job,” Armonk resident Sam Morell said.
Goldberg has officially been working the new position since Sept. 17.
- 1 Journal News Publisher Janet Hasson Accepts Providence Journal Post
- 2 Mother Convicted Of Using Salt To Poison Son Who Died In Westchester
- 3 Armonk Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 4 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 5 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Armonk