ARMONK, N.Y. – As 2012 draws to an end,The Armonk Daily Voice is looking back at some of the top stories of the year.
In late August 2012, the town of North Castle appointed former Yorktown comptroller Joan Goldberg to its new position of town administrator. Her responsibilities are similar to a chief operating officer at a private business, with the Town Board acting as a board of directors.
Goldberg earns $135,000 a year in the full-time position and is contractually bound until September 2014.
The hiring of Goldberg was met with support from residents.
“Anytime you go to a specialist, like an ear doctor or an eye doctor, you always get the right person for the job,” Armonk resident Sam Morell said.
Goldberg has officially been working the new position since Sept. 17.
- 1 Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On Trump's Byram Lake Estate
- 2 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City
- 3 Golf Cart Accident Tops North Castle Police Blotter
- 4 Grocery Store Bidding Tops Last Week's News In Northern Westchester County
- 5 Outside Clinton Home, Astorino Seeks Hillary's Take On Affordable Housing