NORTHERN WESTCHESTER, N.Y. -- Here's a Look at the top stories around Northern Westchester County last week:
- Several high schools throughout Northern Westchester were ranked among New York State's best .
- A storm that many believed had historic snowfall potential didn't live up to the hype .
- Mohegan Lake's Alex Melikian won the 182-pound wresting title at the Westchester County Championships.
- Somers officials are looking for information about a beagle that was found on Mahopac Ave.
- Pound Ridge artists look to raise awareness about human trafficking .
- Former Pleasantville Village Trustee Joseph Stargiotti will once again run to fill a vacant seat on the board.
- A man is in custody for allegedly shooting two people in Peekskill.
- Ossining native and Stonehill College hockey standout Robbie Dorgan was named the player of the week for the Northeast Conference.
- The North Salem community rallied around twin boys who lost their mother.
- Mount Kisco's Saw Mill Club Tennis Director Bob Bull provided tips to help residents improve their game.
- Cookbook author and Valhalla native Rinku Bhattacharya offered spicy ideas for Super Bowl dishes.
- Lewisboro resident Linda Press was named vice president of strategic partnerships at Guiding Eyes for the Blind .
- Friends and family remembered Cortlandt Manor resident Michelle Zazzini , who lost a battle with cancer.
- Briarcliff Middle School’s Future City Club won an award from the New York City Department of Transportation at a recent competition.
- A Bedford Hills man was sentenced to seven years in prison for his role in home invasions.
- The North Castle Town Board approved an application for the filming of a television pilot starring Sarah Jessica Parker in Armonk.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.