ARMONK, N.Y. – Hickory Tweed ski shop owner Skip Beitzel will be joined by ONS Foundation orthopedic surgeons Steven Hindman and Tim Greene, along with physical therapist Chalon Lefebvre to give a free seminar on ski and snowboard injury prevention at 6:30 tonight in the North Castle Library.
The seminar will include tips for safe skiing and demonstrations of conditioning and strengthening exercises to help skiers and snowboarders prepare. Information on treatments for common injuries, such as a ruptured anterior cruciate ligament and skier’s thumb, will be discussed, including both surgical and non-surgical approaches.
Hickory & Tweed, a ski shop at 410 Main St., will have staff on hand to talk about the importance of equipment fit and maintenance, while showing the industry's latest advancements.
While the seminar is free, registration is requested. Call 203-869-3131 to register.
- 1 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash
- 2 Mrs. Westchester Charged With Stealing From Group Home
- 3 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 4 Art Show, Ranked Among Nation's Best, Returns To Armonk
- 5 Amber Alert Canceled After Missing Child Is Found Unharmed