NORTHERN WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The following is a round-up of the top stories of the week for northern Westchester County.
- A 16-year-old boy who is a suspect in the St. Louis shooting death of Dr. Kenneth Spalter of Pound Ridge has been detained, St. Louis Police Chief Sam Dotson said on Twitter.
- Veronica Hallock, t he missing 24-year-old Croton-on-Hudson woman , was spotted by a young man getting off a southbound Metro-North train in Ossining shortly after 3 p.m. on Tuesday according to her sister Emily Hallock.
- Westchester native Dan Scavino, the White House Social Media Director, took to Twitter to proclaim that Sean Hannity "owned" New Canaan's Joe Scarborough during a recent Twitter spat of network news commentators that involved four people and three cable news networks.
- A 24-year-old Norwalk man is facing assault and numerous other criminal charges after he led Westchester County Police on a chase Wednesday night on the Hutchinson River Parkway, rammed two police cars and injured several officers before being subdued and placed under arrest.
- Power surges earlier this week led to simultaneous fires in a pair of houses on a Lewisboro road.
- One 12-year-old Ossining cheerleader is so excited about her just-acquired National Championship jacket that she is practically sleeping in it, says her mom, Dori Acampora.
- Commuters get ready for slowdowns and major congestion when the northbound Armonk Road Connection closes for a week beginning Saturday, Feb. 18, Westchester County highway officials said.