WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Two stories top the news in Westchester County this week including one involving a rollover crash on the Taconic Parkway and another about a Yorktown hostage standoff.
A serious crash involving multiple vehicles, including one that overturned, resulted in the closure of a stretch of the northbound Taconic State Parkway on Wednesday afternoon. Click here to read the story.
The standoff between police and a 40-year-old Yorktown man Tuesday night lasted two hours, Lt. Timothy Geitner said Wednesday. Click here to read the story.
Some others top stories of the week include (Click on the link to read the entire story):
- Police and fire rescue responded to the scene of an SUV crash Thursday in which the driver lost control and drove into a pond on a street near the Ward Pound Ridge Reservation and borders of Pound Ridge, Lewisboro, and Bedford.
- A Bedford woman has been charged after leaving a dog inside her hot car with the windows closed at the Triangle Shopping Center in Yorktown Heights on Wednesday, Yorktown Police announced Thursday morning.
- Six people have been charged with allegedly engaging in the distribution of heroin in the Hudson Valley.
- Frank McLaughlin, Rick O'Keeffe, Jimmy Roberts, Paul Natale and Rich Leaf were inducted into the Westchester Sports Hall of Fame by the selection committee last week.
- "Morning Joe," the MSNBC show that has come under a Twitter attack by President Donald Trump, has quite the local flavor.
- A new photo is causing speculation that Amelia Earhart, who was married to Rye's George Putnam, survived a crash landing in the Marshall Islands 80 years ago.
- County Executive Rob Astorino joined a growing list of people condemning President Donald Trump's attacks last week on Bronxville's Mika Brzezinski, co-anchor of MSNBC's, "Morning Joe."
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.