MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. -- Northern Westchester Hospital's Dr. Navid Mootabar led a surgical team that completed a robot-assisted single incision laparoscopic hysterectomy.
Mootabar is among a small number of physicians trained in performing the daVinci robot-assisted hysterectomy procedure known as Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery (SILS) that enables him to remove a women’s uterus through a single one-inch incision.
The daVinci Surgical System uses a high-definition, 3D imaging system to provide a magnified view and greater visualization of the surgical site. The patient's uterus was successfully removed through a tiny incision in the belly button, which made the procedure essentially scarless.
To learn more about how Dr. Mootabar accomplished his surgery, click here.
Visit nwhc.net to learn more.
- 1 Nine Billionaires With Westchester Ties Make Forbes 400 List
- 2 North Castle Town Board Declines To Refer Complaint Against Clerk
- 3 Armonk Man, 21, Reported Missing
- 4 Car Fire Results In I-684 Closure Near Armonk-White Plains Border
- 5 New Yorkers Urged To Protect Children From Dangerous Respiratory Virus