WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Jason Shenkman, 32, of Mohegan Lake was killed in a one-car fatal crash around midnight on the Taconic State Parkway early Wednesday in Mount Pleasant. Click here to read the story.
Here are some other top stories from this past week (click on the link to read the story):
- A 14-year-old boy was charged following an altercation at Jefferson Valley Mall where Yorktown Police say he allegedly repeatedly punched a 15-year-old girl in the face and arm Sunday.
- Indy the wallaby remains on the move. After being spotted Monday morning at Somers, Indy was spotted Monday night in Katonah .
- New York State Police arrested a 28-year-old man after he allegedly pulled what appeared to be a handgun at another driver during a road rage incident on I-684 in North Salem.
- A 61-year-old contractor has pleaded guilty to a felony grand larceny charge for his role in defrauding and stealing millions of dollars from Westchester County clients that hired his waste hauling business based out of Briarcliff.
- Members of the New York State Police came to the rescue of a citizen in need on Wednesday, saving a 40-year-old mentally handicapped man from drowning in Putnam County.
- Three people suffered injuries and traffic was temporarily tied up on I-684 near the Westchester County Airport exit when a car struck a tractor-trailer, blocking the right lane.
- A Westchester County municipality has been named the richest town in America, becoming the only Hudson Valley municipality selected among 25 locations ranked nationally.
- The National Merit Scholarship Corporation announced the $2,500 National Merit Scholarship winners in Westchester on Wednesday.
- Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino said his lawsuits against the state over the closure of Indian Point are designed to protect the health, safety, and pocketbooks of nine million New Yorkers.
- Former Horace Greeley High School drama teacher Christopher Schraufnagel apologized to his victims and the Chappaqua community during an appearance Tuesday in New Castle Town Court.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.