WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Metro-North will launch schedule changes that will impact the Hudson, Harlem and New Haven lines starting on Saturday, Oct. 3.
Here's a look at the changes for each line:
- The 9:15 a.m. weekday train from Poughkeepsie will now depart Poughkeepsie at 9 a.m.
- Beginning Saturday, Oct. 3, and continuing through Sunday, Nov. 15, Metro-North crews will replace an important complex of track switches near Yankees-E. 153rd Street. Two of the Hudson Line’s three tracks between Marble Hill and Harlem-125th Street will be out of service for seven weekends, creating schedule changes.
- Trains south of Croton-Harmon will operate normally, but the semi-express trains will operate only between Croton-Harmon and Marble Hill. Customers riding these trains will transfer at Marble Hill to continue their trip.
- Customers north of Croton-Harmon will change trains at Croton-Harmon. Three southbound trains from Poughkeepsie (the 9:40 a.m. train on Saturdays, and the 10:40 a.m. and 3:40 p.m. trains Saturdays and Sundays) and three northbound trains to Poughkeepsie (the 4:14 p.m. train on Saturdays, and the 5:14 p.m. and 6:14 p.m. trains Saturdays and Sundays) will not operate during the project.
- Trains that stop at Bedford Hills at 4 p.m., 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays will bypass the station starting Sunday, Oct. 4.
- Customers from Bedford Hills will continue to have the hourly service, with trains departing at 3:35 p.m., 4:35 p.m., 5:35 p.m., and 6:35 p.m.
New Haven Line
- Commuters who ride Shore Line East’s 5:50 a.m. departure from New London will now be able to change at Stamford for an 8:14 a.m. train to Greenwich. The connecting train previously originated in New Canaan at 7:58 a.m. and ran express after Stamford. To allow for the added stop at Greenwich, the train will depart from Stamford and all New Canaan Branch stations two minutes earlier. It will now originate at New Canaan at 7:56 a.m.
- Metro-North will issue updated New Haven Line timetables effective Nov. 16, reflecting the decommissioning of the temporary transfer station for Waterbury Branch customers. Normal Waterbury Branch service will resume at that time.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.