WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – The Powerball drawing Wednesday produced four $1 million winners in New York, one of whom bought the ticket at the Corner Store in Larchmont.
Rakesh Patel of White Plains is the owner of the Corner Store, 1906 Palmer Ave. A friend texted him Thursday morning to tell him his store had sold one of the four winning tickets that matched five of the six Powerball numbers to win $1 million. Thursday, Patel said about 50 people had asked him about the ticket.
“I’m happy that we had the ticket,” Patel said.
Two tickets in the multistate lottery matched all six numbers, and their owners will split the biggest Powerball jackpot ever, $550 million.
The numbers drawn Wednesday night are 5, 16, 22, 23, 29. The Powerball number is 6. The odds of matching all five base numbers, but not the Powerball number, and winning $1 million are 1 in 5,153,632.65, according to the Powerball website.
- 1 Former School Employee, Armonk Man Charged With Stealing $280K In Scam
- 2 Bud Light Apologizes For Bottle Label Some Believe Promotes Rape
- 3 CEO Tim Cook Drops Hint About Apple's 'Next Big Thing'
- 4 Likely Arrest Of Senate Leader Skelos Tied To Scarsdale Firm, Report Says
- 5 Ex-Hotel At Armonk's Breezemont Day Camp Gets Landmark Status