WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here's a look at last week's top stories from around Northern Weschester County.
- Shoppers will soon enjoy new and updated retail offerings as part of the significant renovation project currently underway at Jefferson Valley Mall.
- Hundreds of the tristate area’s top business minds came together to kick off the Hudson Valley’s largest trade show in Rye Brook on Thursday.
- More than 125 elected officials, hospital executives and other business leaders attended a reception by Daily Voice on Tuesday night at The Briarcliff Manor.
- New York continues to get more expensive each year, Reclaim New York’s Affordability Crisis Report showed last fall.
- Westchester, Rockland, Putnam and Dutchess counties are among the healthiest in the state, according to a recent study published online.
- A Long Island limousine driver has been indicted on charges of criminally negligent homicide in a July 2015 crash that injured Scarsdale resident Melissa Angela Crai and killed four of her friends.
- Pleasantville police are continuing to investigate and have identified a suspect after a 12-year-old student at Pleasantville Middle School was approached by a man who asked her if she wanted to make some money.
- Ossining police were able to subdue a man who barricaded himself in an attic with swords early Thursday morning.
- State Sen. Sue Serino expressed outrage over the delay in constructing the Pudding Street overpass after several more accidents were reported at the intersection this month.
- Thousands of people lined Route 6 on a cloudy but mild afternoon last Sunday in Mahopac for the 40th annual Northern Westchester/Putnam St. Patrick's Day Parade.
- A Putnam County sheriff’s deputy has arrested a 45-year-old resident of Southeast on a larceny charge.
- Isabella Di Rende, an 11th-grader at Fox Lane High School, has been chosen by the League of Women Voters of Bedford-Lewisboro-North Salem to attend this year’s Students Inside Albany conference.
- New York State Police are seeking the public's help in identifying a woman police want to question in connection with an ongoing stolen debit card investigation in Cortlandt.
- Fiddleheads Cooking Studio, a new cooking school just for children, will open in April in Pound Ridge.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.