ARMONK, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Armonk this week:
- This proposed three percent hotel occupancy tax in North Castle has angered hotel owners.
- Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino officially announced his candidacy for the Republican nomination for governor.
- Familiar names like Bill Gates and Warren Buffett topped Forbes Magazine's recent list of the richest people in the planet for 2014, but several names connected to Westchester County made the list as well.
- A 26-year-old Florida man, Patrick Smith , has been sentenced to 25 years to life for a murder that occurred in North Salem.
- Students from Mahopac High School who allegedly made racist comments on Twitter following the school's loss to Mount Vernon in the Section 1 boys basketball semifinals have drawn the ire of school officials from both districts.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.