ARMONK, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Armonk last week:
- A 60-year-old Armonk-based assessor has been charged with two felony counts in the Town of Ossining related to an assessment fraud scheme.
- A Bedford man, Michael Hall, 26, is facing drug charges after Lewisboro and Westchester County Police reportedly found him in possession of 130 bags of heroin on Friday, Nov. 14, police officials said.
- The Internal Revenue Service is warning residents of Westchester County to beware of a new telephone scam demanding money or bank information from taxpayers.
- Republican Guy Mezzancello has won the special election for a North Castle Town Board seat in a 22-vote squeaker, unofficial results show.
- The passenger of a car stopped by police on the Hutchinson River Parkway on Saturday, Nov, 15, was accused of throwing thousands of dollars worth of heroin out of the car window before trying to drive away, reports LoHud.com.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.