NORTHERN WESTCHESTER, N.Y. -- Here's a look at the top stories from last week around Northern Westchester County.
- A Metro-North train accident in Valhalla took the lives of six people on Tuesday night .
- Four victims of the fatal train wreck were: Bedford residents Walter Liedtke and Eric Vandercar as well as New Castle's Joseph Nadol and Chappaqua's Robert Dirks .
- A car fire forced crews to shut down two lanes on Interstate 684 on Wednesday.
- Briarcliff High School alumna Emma Flihan returned to her alma mater to talk about working in the film industry.
- Hendrick Hudson High School senior Dana M. Smith has been named a finalist in the 2015 competition for the National Achievement Scholarships .
- Physics classes from John Jay High School in Cross River visited Indian Point to learn more about nuclear energy.
- Mount Kisco native Bruce Jenner is reportedly transitioning into a woman .
- A string of inclement weather has North Salem Schools nearly out of snow days .
- Ossining’s Saniya Chong is hitting her stride with the UCONN women's basketball team .
- A Peekskill woman was charged with driving while intoxicated and possession of marijuana on Sunday.
- Authorities are investigating the death of Pleasantville student Shane Howe .
- David Hutchinson of Pound Ridge took home honorable mention from an exhibition at the Katonah Museum of Art.
- Electronics retailer Radio Shack, which has a location in Somers, filed for bankruptcy .
- A Yorktown woman is facing multiple charges following a domestic incident .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.