ARMONK, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Armonk this week:
- A fire at 21 Faraway Road killed one dog and destroyed an Armonk home.
- The Town of North Castle has launched single stream recycling, which means all metals, paper and plastics will be collected at one time and is continuing to make its case for most environmentally friendly Westchester municipality.
- Less than a month after her firing, the new North Castle Town Board recently welcomed Joan Goldberg back as town administrator as it voted unanimously to bring her back.
- Local governments that stay within the two-percent property tax cap and work toward consolidation and shared services will be eligible for a two-year freeze on property taxes, Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced in his State of the State address Wednesday.
- The GYM in Armonk will be hosting and conducting a variety of classes with proceeds going to Tarrytown-based Make-A-Wish Foundation of The Hudson Valley.