WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- After two weeks of protests, letter writing, phone calls, and behind-the-scenes lobbying, Ossining teen Diego Puma Macancela was deported to his native Ecuador on Friday. Click here to read the story.
Some others top stories of the week include (Click on the link to read the entire story):
- It's officially summer and that means sipping, slurping and chewing your way through the best of Westchester's seasonal charms.
- State police have provided information on a serious three-car crash with injuries that initially resulted in the closure of two lanes on I-684 near the Westchester/Putnam border early Monday afternoon, causing hours-long delays in the area.
- We're on the lookout for celebrity spottings and always want to hear from you, our readers, on who you see and what may be filming near you.
- Local officials are calling for increased barriers after a 57-year-old woman jumped to her death at the Palisades Center Mall in West Nyack early Monday afternoon.
- After 98 years in one location, Walter's Hot Dogs , known for its cherished family recipe, is expanding -- again!! -- and opening a third location in Stamford.
- For real-time Northern Westchester news updates in your Facebook feed, be sure to "Like" Daily Voice's Northern Westchester County Forum page on Facebook by clicking here.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.