WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Kathleen Dymes, who pleaded guilty in her 6-year-old daughter's death, was found dead on Friday at the Apple Motor Inn on Saw Mill River Road, according to her former attorney, Peter Tilem. Click here to read the entire story.
Some others top stories of the week include (Click on the link to read the entire story):
- A golf event held at Trump National in Briarcliff Manor to raise money for Eric Trump's charity was supposed to have all of the money go to St. Jude's Children's Hospital in Memphis. Instead, according to a report from Forbes , some of the money was used to line the Trump family's pockets.
- There's a bear making the rounds in Northern Westchester.
- Have you seen Jessica Biel and Bill Pullman in the area?
- Somers Superintendent Raymond Blanch said Thursday he jumped the gun in issuing a statement following an allegation the Yorktown boys lacrosse team harassed the Somers girls lacrosse team on May 25 in the Yorktown boys locker room.
- Local elected officials are cautioning residents to be wary of scammers who have recently targeted homeowners in the Hudson Valley using NYSEG as part of an elaborate cover.
- Hudson Valley native and former FBI Director James Comey testified on Thursday that President Donald Trump lied both about the circumstances of his dismissal and the status of the FBI in nearly three hours of testimony before the Senate Intelligence Committee.
- Bareburger will open in the Mount Kisco space formerly occupied by Friendly's on Monday, June 12.
- An untitled movie -- a Steven Spielberg project starring Tom Hanks and Meryl Streep -- is filming along North Broadway and Hamilton Avenue in White Plains on Thursday, June 8.