WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here's a look at last week's top stories from around Northern Westchester County.
- Ossining High School graduate Bastian Pasten, 20, who died in a motorcycle crash in Mount Pleasant on Tuesday, was mourned by 250 friends and classmates at Arcadian Shopping Center off Route 9 Wednesday night.
- A legal filing submitted on behalf a new Horace Greeley High School student sex-abuse accuser claims that the Chappaqua Central School District was told in 2011 about an allegation involving drama teacher Christopher Schraufnagel and a student but failed to notify police.
- Two men were arrested by the Drug Enforcement Administration Tuesday after more than 65 pounds of heroin was seized from a truck axle in Croton-on-Hudson.
- Pleasantville may allow four-story buildings in certain parts of its downtown business district, according to a report by The Examiner.
- An attempted rape was reported in the hamlet of Purdys near the Metro-North train station about 8 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 21, according to Somers Town Supervisor Rick Morrissey.
- The man who died in a motorcycle accident Saturday, Aug. 20, on Darlington Road in Bedford has been identified as Gary Sutton, 35, of Marlton, N.J.
- Yorktown police have charged a 24-year-old town resident with multiple violations following an incident in which a hiker at Turkey Mountain Park was allegedly attacked by one of his dogs, authorities said.
- One Westchester village has been named among the Top 10 most expensive suburbs surrounding a major American city per capita, according to a recent study published by Forbes .
- For the first time in nearly five years, members of the public were able to set foot inside the old Borders Books and Music site in downtown Mount Kisco, as Modell's Sporting Goods held its grand opening.
- A 56-year-old Cortlandt man is facing charges after state police say he fired a shot from an assault rifle toward a neighbor's house during a dispute on Sunday, Aug. 21.
- New York State Police are investigating an Amber Alert for a 3-year-old girl who was abducted early Friday in Pennsylvania by a man who they believe is headed for New York City with the child.
- As Florida battles with locally contracted cases of the Zika virus, local health officials confirmed that 19 people in Westchester County and 10 residents in Rockland County have been confirmed to have the virus, according to News 12.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.