WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here's a look at last week’s top stories from around Northern Westchester County.
- The Yorktown Planning Board voted unanimously to approve Costco's $60 million plans in Yorktown on Monday.
- The New York State Police Bureau of Criminal Investigation is investigating the suspicious death of North Salem resident 83-year-old Lois Colley, who was found dead in her home on Tuesday.
- Nine people were arrested on Monday after blocking the entrance to Spectra Energy's parking lot in Montrose, according to state police.
- New Castle Police are seeking the public's help in the investigation of former Horace Greeley High School drama teacher Christopher Schraufnagel , who is accused of sexual contact with three students.
- The Mount Pleasant Rotary Club recently recognized Westlake High School senior Emma Sheehan as October’s Student of the Month .
- On Monday, Yorktown Police police arrested Jose L. Morocho Morocho, of Peekskill, on charges of driving while intoxicated following his involvement in a car accident.
- The National Circus Project recently visited Todd Elementary School in Briarcliff Manor to show students how to learn the skills of circus performers.
- Route 137 in Pound Ridge was renamed in honor of marine Eric A. Jones -- a Pound Ridge native -- who served multiple tours before his 2009 death in Afghanistan.
- Melanie DuPuis, chair of the Environmental Studies and Sciences department at Pace Universty in Pleasantville, has been selected to speak at a World Health Organization summit on Nov. 20 in Geneva, Switzerland .
- Mount Mount Kisco Medical & Injury Care celebrated its grand opening with a ribbon-cutting ceremony in Mount Kisco.
- The Ossining Little League Cheerleaders recently won the Spirit Competition at the third annual Westchester Youth Football League Showcase.
- Lewisboro's Town Board has hired a company to test for road-salt levels in wells.
- On Veteran's Day, veterans paid respect to fallen colleagues in Somers.
- Family Day at the Katonah Museum takes place on Sunday where families were invited to the Scavenger Hunt.
- The Wampus School in Armonk share memories of relatives in the armed forces with Wall of Veterans.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.