ARMONK, N.Y. – The Chabad of Armonk celebrated the fourth night of Hanukkah in a big way. Rabbi Yosef Butman was joined by local friends and family Tuesday night outside of 99 Business Park Drive to light a giant menorah. Sufganiyot (jelly doughnuts) were passed out and traditional songs were sung in an effort to get everyone into the Hanukkah spirit.
Just before the lighting, Butman clarified a common Hanukkah debate for those in attendance.
“There is often confusion as to whether we light all eight candles and count down, or light one candle each night,” he said. “When it comes to lights, you always work your way up. Instead of focusing on the negative, we use this holiday to remember to always increase the light, always increase the goodness.”
This was the Chabad of Armonk’s second annual giant menorah lighting.
- 1 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Is Reported Off Long Island
- 4 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Armonk
- 5 Armonk Player Helps Soccer Team Reach Quarters Of National Tourney