ARMONK, N.Y. – The Chabad of Armonk celebrated the fourth night of Hanukkah in a big way. Rabbi Yosef Butman was joined by local friends and family Tuesday night outside of 99 Business Park Drive to light a giant menorah. Sufganiyot (jelly doughnuts) were passed out and traditional songs were sung in an effort to get everyone into the Hanukkah spirit.
Just before the lighting, Butman clarified a common Hanukkah debate for those in attendance.
“There is often confusion as to whether we light all eight candles and count down, or light one candle each night,” he said. “When it comes to lights, you always work your way up. Instead of focusing on the negative, we use this holiday to remember to always increase the light, always increase the goodness.”
This was the Chabad of Armonk’s second annual giant menorah lighting.
- 1 Town Board OK's Filming In Armonk Of TV Pilot Starring Sarah Jessica Parker
- 2 Byram Hills Ranks Among New York State's Best High Schools
- 3 Greenwich Bank Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Female Suspect
- 4 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Armonk; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely
- 5 Police Release More Photos Of Gun-Toting Woman Who Robbed Greenwich Bank