SOMERS, N.Y. -- New York State Police recovered the body of an elderly Somers man who jumped from the Bear Mountain Bridge earlier this month on Friday, according to LoHud.com.
Emmanual Valsamakis, 81, was a longtime employee of IBM and received a patent with two other men for an invention relating to semiconductors in the 1980s, LoHud.com reported.
State Police had searched for Valsamakis from the time he jumped on June 15 until last Wednesday, June 18. The body was found on Friday near Stony Point, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Threatening Voice Mail From Son Tops North Castle Police Blotter
- 2 Billionaire Mount Kisco Businessman, Philanthropist Jerome Kohlberg Dies
- 3 Hillary Clinton Gets Health OK From Mount Kisco Medical Group Physician
- 4 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 5 Armonk Residents Get To See Blue Moon Friday Night