ARMONK, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Armonk last week:
- Ben Kaplan, a student at Byram Hills High School , recently received the Acorda Scientific Excellence Award for his research paper on self-healing concrete.
- The Bristal at Armonk, the new assisted living community that offers memory care support as well as enhanced levels of care, has announced the appointments of Ellen Gray as director of community relations and Toni Schmidt as director of recreation.
- Motorists on I-684 had to contend with a couple of incidents that slowed down their drives on Tuesday afternoon.
- New York State Police issued 67 tickets during a speeding enforcement detail on Interstate 684 on Tuesday, Aug. 12, officials said.
- Students in grades three through eight in New York state saw slightly improved math scores on Common Core testing, while English and Language Arts scores remained mostly flat, according to Education Week.