ARMONK, N.Y. – The Armonk Daily Voice has spent the last two weeks counting down, in no particular order, the top 10 stories in Armonk from 2012. Here is the list:
- Bedford resident Kerry Kennedy was arrested and charged with driving under the influence after a hit-run-accident with a tractor-trailer on Interstate-684.
- Former Armonk United Soccer Coach Michael Jones was murdered in New York City.
- North Castle Planning Board Chair Robert Greene unexpectedly resigned to avoid conflict of interest with the Brynwood Country Club’s application to build a residential community.
- The town of North Castle appointed former Yorktown comptroller Joan Goldberg to its new position of town administrator.
- Former North Castle Republican chair Loronda Murphy pleaded guilty to two felony counts of residential mortgage fraud.
- Armonk resident Justin Hervey was left in critical condition after being severely burned in a car fire.
- The North Castle Planning Board finally approved the CVS’s site plan.
- Armonk resident Richard Haberman was arraigned on multiple charges in relation to a fatal car crash in the Bronx.
- Hurricane Sandy paid Armonk a visit.
- The North Castle Town Board approved a new town employee benefit package that cut down the employee benefits of the previous package.
- 1 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern
- 2 Armonk Home Of Former Knick Allan Houston Hits Market For $19.9M
- 3 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 4 Missing Vulnerable Alert Issued For Woman, 85, Canceled
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director