ARMONK, N.Y. -- The Armonk Chamber of Commerce proposed the creation of a North Castle Arts Council during a meeting on Wednesday, June 11.
The objective of the council would be to coordinate among performing arts groups in North Castle because, in addition to The Small Town Theatre, there are the Armonk Players, Standing Ovations Studios, Theatre Arts Workshop and coming soon, the Hudson Stage Company.
Coordination would facilitate an annual calendar so groups would not compete either for performance space or for an audience. The groups could also share marketing, volunteers and common resources like equipment.
To Sam Morell, founder of The Small Town Theatre, synergy and efficiency will result in greater utilization of existing resources (Whippoorwill Hall, the Hergenhan Center and Wampus Brook Park), and prevent overlap and saturation.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 New York Archdiocese Likely To Merge More Parishes
- 3 Outgoing North Castle Councilman José Berra Bids Farewell
- 4 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester
- 5 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In Armonk