ARMONK, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Armonk last week:
- Armonk-based IBM announced it will invest $3 billion over the next five years to help develop smaller, more powerful processors to push computer technology forward, according to CNET.com.
- The Broadway at the Music Conservatory of Westchester held its 13th annual Golf & Tennis Classic the Whippoorwill Club in Armonk on Monday, June 23.
- Michael Gagliardi, an Armonk resident and Byram Hills High School graduate, has received the Firemen’s Association of the State of New York Gerard J. Buckenmeyer Volunteer Scholarship award.
- Westchester ranks high among New York's exciting places to live and Port Chester is the lone Westchester representative named among the top 10, according to a report by Movoto.
- Residents of Westchester County and those across New York State could see their health insurance premiums spike by an average of 13 percent according to capitalnewyork.com.
- A former officer, Richard Rodriguez, 33, at the Bedford Hills Correctional Facility was charged with raping an inmate.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.