ARMONK, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Armonk last week:
- Armonk-based IBM announced it will invest $3 billion over the next five years to help develop smaller, more powerful processors to push computer technology forward, according to CNET.com.
- The Broadway at the Music Conservatory of Westchester held its 13th annual Golf & Tennis Classic the Whippoorwill Club in Armonk on Monday, June 23.
- Michael Gagliardi, an Armonk resident and Byram Hills High School graduate, has received the Firemen’s Association of the State of New York Gerard J. Buckenmeyer Volunteer Scholarship award.
- Westchester ranks high among New York's exciting places to live and Port Chester is the lone Westchester representative named among the top 10, according to a report by Movoto.
- Residents of Westchester County and those across New York State could see their health insurance premiums spike by an average of 13 percent according to capitalnewyork.com.
- A former officer, Richard Rodriguez, 33, at the Bedford Hills Correctional Facility was charged with raping an inmate.