NORTH CASTLE, N.Y. – Nearly 2,700 Con Edison customers remained without power in North Castle Monday morning, a week after Hurricane Sandy brought strong winds, rain and flooding to the area.
An estimated 2,667 out of 4,894 Con Edison customers were without power in North Castle at 5:30 a.m. Monday, down from 3,118 Sunday morning.
The utility company reports an estimated 69,293 out of 348,198 Con Edison customers in Westchester were without power at 5:30 a.m. Monday, down from 88,060 Sunday morning.
"The men and women of Con Edison, along with thousands of utility workers from around the country, are working with determination and professionalism to put our customers back in service," said Craig Ivey, president of Con Edison in a press release. "We are running an aggressive, coordinated restoration campaign in response to the worst storm ever to hit New York. We will continue working around the clock until every home and business owner whose equipment was not damaged by the storm has power."
- 1 X-Planations: Chef Peter X. Kelly Dishes On Favorite Restaurants
- 2 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 3 David Letterman Shocks Audience With Off-Color Joke
- 4 McDonald's Closing Hundreds Of Restaurants As Sales Slump
- 5 Taking Extra Vitamins Increases Cancer, Heart Disease Risk, Study Says