NORTH CASTLE, N.Y. – More than 2,000 Con Edison customers remained without power in North Castle Thursday morning, a week-and-a-half after Hurricane Sandy ravaged the area. Wednesday’s nor’easter did not appear to have driven the number of outages up.
Con Edison said that 2,145 of 4,894 Con Edison customers in North Castle, or 44 percent, were without power at 6 a.m. Thursday, down from 2,205 Wednesday morning. The utility estimated that most North Castle customers would have power back by midnight Friday.
Across Westchester, about 10 percent of Con Ed’s nearly 350,000 customers were without power at 6 a.m. Thursday. That’s 34,033 customers in the dark, down from 36,734 Wednesday morning.
Con Ed officials said Wednesday afternoon that crews have been working around the clock to restore power, but Wednesday’s nor’easter could delay their work because crews repairing overhead equipment cannot work safely in high winds.
- 1 Armonk's Offenberg Charged With Fraud In Ossining Assessment Scheme
- 2 County Police Charge Man With Having 130 Bags Of Heroin
- 3 IRS Warns Armonk Residents Of Phone Scam
- 4 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 5 Vehicle Spinning Erratically On Lawn Among North Castle Police Calls