NORTH CASTLE, N.Y. – More than 2,000 Con Edison customers remained without power in North Castle Thursday morning, a week-and-a-half after Hurricane Sandy ravaged the area. Wednesday’s nor’easter did not appear to have driven the number of outages up.
Con Edison said that 2,145 of 4,894 Con Edison customers in North Castle, or 44 percent, were without power at 6 a.m. Thursday, down from 2,205 Wednesday morning. The utility estimated that most North Castle customers would have power back by midnight Friday.
Across Westchester, about 10 percent of Con Ed’s nearly 350,000 customers were without power at 6 a.m. Thursday. That’s 34,033 customers in the dark, down from 36,734 Wednesday morning.
Con Ed officials said Wednesday afternoon that crews have been working around the clock to restore power, but Wednesday’s nor’easter could delay their work because crews repairing overhead equipment cannot work safely in high winds.
- 1 Armonk Home Of Former Knick Allan Houston Hits Market For $19.9M
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash
- 4 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Armonk
- 5 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Is Reported Off Long Island