NORTH CASTLE, N.Y. – More than 2,000 Con Edison customers remained without power in North Castle Thursday morning, a week-and-a-half after Hurricane Sandy ravaged the area. Wednesday’s nor’easter did not appear to have driven the number of outages up.
Con Edison said that 2,145 of 4,894 Con Edison customers in North Castle, or 44 percent, were without power at 6 a.m. Thursday, down from 2,205 Wednesday morning. The utility estimated that most North Castle customers would have power back by midnight Friday.
Across Westchester, about 10 percent of Con Ed’s nearly 350,000 customers were without power at 6 a.m. Thursday. That’s 34,033 customers in the dark, down from 36,734 Wednesday morning.
Con Ed officials said Wednesday afternoon that crews have been working around the clock to restore power, but Wednesday’s nor’easter could delay their work because crews repairing overhead equipment cannot work safely in high winds.
- 1 State Police Warn Armonk Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 3 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 4 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation
- 5 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison