ARMONK, N.Y. -- Happy Birthday to Armonk’s Ernie Anastos!
Ernie Anastos, an Armonk resident, turns 71 on Saturday.
Anastos, an Emmy Award-winning New York City television news anchor, was born July 12, 1943, in Nashua, New Hampshire.
He has worked for several television stations in New York City during his career including WCBS-TV, WABC-TV, WWOR-TV and Fox 5, where he currently anchors the news at 5 p.m.
Anastos authored a book on the lifestyles of youth in America, "Twixt: Teens Yesterday and Today," which traces American teenagers' influence on social and political attitudes. He has also been a regular columnist for Family Circle.
He has won 28 Emmy Awards and nominations, and was nominated for the prestigious Edward R. Murrow Award for excellence in writing. He has been profiled in the International Who's Who of Intellectuals.
A Phi Kappa Phi honoree, he graduated with a bachelor of arts degree from Northeastern University in Boston, where he is a member of the university board. He has additional graduate studies at Columbia University and holds an honorary doctorate degree. In May 2008, he was awarded an honorary doctorate degree from Manhattanville College.
- 1 Journal News Publisher Janet Hasson Accepts Providence Journal Post
- 2 Mother Convicted Of Using Salt To Poison Son Who Died In Westchester County
- 3 Armonk Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Armonk
- 5 Brothers Sentenced In Robbery Spree That Included Armonk