ARMONK, N.Y. -- Happy birthday to Armonk’s David McAlister "Dave" Barry.
Barry, who was born in Armonk, turns 67 on Thursday.
Barry, a Pulitzer Prize-winning author and columnist, was born July 3, 1947. He wrote a nationally syndicated humor column for The Miami Herald from 1983 to 2005. He has also written numerous books of humor and parody, as well as comedic novels. Two of his articles have been included in the Best American Sportswriting series. His books have frequently appeared on the New York Times Best Seller List.
On Sunday, Sept. 22, 2013, the opening night of the 15th annual Fall for the Book festival in Fairfax, Va., Barry was awarded the event's highest honor, the Fairfax Prize honoring outstanding literary achievement and presented by the Fairfax Library Foundation. The screen adaptation of Barry's book "Dave Barry's Complete Guide to Guys" was released in 2005; it premiered at several film festivals and is available on DVD.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Purchase New Bedford Home
- 2 Armonk's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So Armonk Must Prepare
- 5 North Castle Takes Action Against 'Zombie' Homes