ARMONK, N.Y. -- Happy birthday to Armonk’s David McAlister "Dave" Barry.
Barry, who was born in Armonk, turns 67 on Thursday.
Barry, a Pulitzer Prize-winning author and columnist, was born July 3, 1947. He wrote a nationally syndicated humor column for The Miami Herald from 1983 to 2005. He has also written numerous books of humor and parody, as well as comedic novels. Two of his articles have been included in the Best American Sportswriting series. His books have frequently appeared on the New York Times Best Seller List.
On Sunday, Sept. 22, 2013, the opening night of the 15th annual Fall for the Book festival in Fairfax, Va., Barry was awarded the event's highest honor, the Fairfax Prize honoring outstanding literary achievement and presented by the Fairfax Library Foundation. The screen adaptation of Barry's book "Dave Barry's Complete Guide to Guys" was released in 2005; it premiered at several film festivals and is available on DVD.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Armonk
- 3 Ex-North Castle Police Chief's Lawsuit Moved To Federal Court
- 4 Road Rage Incident Among Calls To North Castle Police
- 5 Ambush-Style Killings Of NYPD Officers Spark Outrage In Westchester